Wednesday, June 27, 2012

2 months!

My dearest Baby O turned 2 months old this week (and 9 weeks old, but I'm thinking I'm just about done counting in weeks).  She had her pediatrician appointment... 11 lbs, 12 oz (68%ile) and 23.5 inches long.  Supposedly.  The length would place her in the 90th percentile or higher.  Which honestly, wouldn't be surprising since her daddy is so tall and I have tallish genes on both my maternal and paternal sides of the family.  However, I'm 100% convinced that the nursing assistant who measured her accidentally gave her at least an extra half an inch.  So I'm not going to go around being all proud of that 90th percentile just yet.  We'll wait and see what happens at the 4 month appointment.

This week, O has really added a lot of noise to her smiling-- it's not a full out laugh or gafaw... but she vocalizes when she smiles, which is so darn cute. We otherwise haven't really made any remarkable developmental improvements this week.

Olivia did get her 2 month vaccines on Monday... they didn't go so hot.  The rest of the day (and a good part of Tuesday), she was either lethargic or really fussy, neither of which are typical for her.  But she's come out of it okay and should be in good spirits for her trip to see family this weekend.  I owe you all posts about all kinds of things-- a flight to IN, vaccine opinions, new montessori toys, etc.  But for now, it's bedtime in Boston.

Enjoy these pics from the 2 month birthday:




Love from Boston!

1 comment: